Dear Valued Patients,
Dentists are advised to screen all patients for recent travel to any location confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to have confirmed cases of COVID-19, also known as the new coronavirus, which first appeared in December 2019 in Wuhan, China. In response to the CDC warning to reduce the spread of COVID-19, individuals are being asked to stay home when sick and exhibiting symptoms.
If you are sick and have a scheduled appointment, please call the office to reschedule your appointment. Anyone who is sick and accompanying a patient to the office should not come into the office. Additionally, we ask that anyone who has traveled to an affected region since December, delay their appointment with us at least 14 days after they return and are symptom free for 14 days.
If you spent time in any affected region during the past 14 days and feel sick with fever or cough or have difficulty breathing:
- Notify your physician immediately and self-quarantine until further instructions from your physician.
- Take your temperature.
- Seek medical advice. Call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room. Tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
- Avoid contact with others.
- Do not travel while sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%–95% alcohol immediately after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
The best thing we can do as a community to prevent the spread of illness is to frequently wash hands, cover coughs and sneezes, and stay home when sick.
Wishing everyone good health!
Dr. Pickering, Dr. Pope and Dr. Lewis
Peninsula Periodontal Associates